Founder and head instructor Mehdi Pouroskoui established KB-ONE in 1997. Kru Mehdi as over 24 years of martial arts experience, has trained and fought in Thailand, and has over 13 years of teaching experience. The academy has developed local and international champions over the years, with certified assistant instructors who have a full knowledge of teaching. One of the major events that have taken place at KB-ONE is fight nights, which brings out a keen group of competitors of all ages, from amateur to professional. This fun event always has a great turnout of attendees, has available ringside seats, and serves food and refreshments throughout the night.
The KB-ONE establishment is located in North Vancouver and has been upgraded from 1.400 square feet to 5,000 square feet with 30 feet high ceilings. The club has a full-matted floor with a professional boxing ring. As well, it is equipped with weight training equipment, cardio machines, bags and Thai pads. Focus mitts, hook and upper wall bags, medicine balls, speed ball. Body opponent bags, a pro shop for all your boxing and kickboxing needs, and a juice bar. All this provides a positive, friendly atmosphere with instructors who are always willing to help keep you on track to achieve your goals.
- World Professional Muay Thai Champion (WPMF) 2009
- Macau Professional 80 kg Muay Thai Champion (WPMF) 2007
- PK-1 Muay Thai Champion 2006
- World Professional Muay Thai Champion (WPMF) 2003
- World Professional Muay Thai Champion (WPMF) 2002
- Pro Boxer – presently ranked 5th in Canada
- Lumpini Stadium winner: August 2003, Thailand, (30 second K.O.)
- Muay Boran winner: December 2005, Bangkok, Thailand (2nd round K.O.)
- Rajadamnern Stadium winner: December 2005, Bangkok, Thailand (2nd round K.O.)
- Pacific Northwest Kickboxing Champion: Oct 2001
- Canadian Muay Thai Champion: October 2000
- Western Canadian Champion: June 1999
- 7th Degree Black Belt